Formation of athletic muscles allows a comprehensive approach to the construction of training. Their important part is exercises on the front delta. What are these exercises? How to make the training of the shoulder belt effective? How to use the front beams? Consider all these issues in detail, paying attention to the benefits of this type of load and their characteristics.
Front deltas: structure of the shoulder girdle
The tighter appearance of the upper body forms strong shoulders. A carefully designed shoulder girdle emphasizes the relief of the hands, secretes biceps and triceps. Understanding what muscles need to be used during training, allows you to determine the correct load and make a rational training schedule. That is why we consider the structure of the shoulder girdle in order to understand: what should be the load, what can it be useful for. All the same, the physical development of the shoulders is one of the most difficult tasks in the formation of the athletic figure.
The deltoid muscle is the basis of the formation of the shoulder in front, behind the trapezoidal muscle performs a similar function. Considering the structure of the deltoid muscle further, one should note its complex structure of three beams. The zone of responsibility for each of them is different (more details in the table).
|The site of the deltoid muscle||For what is responsible|
|Front beam||Raising hands in front of you|
|Rear beam||Retraction of hands|
Therefore, the division of exercises into the front deltas, respectively, to the middle or rear relative. Conditionally, we can distinguish two groups of exercises:
- Basic. For example, a press of dumbbells (sitting, standing).
- Isolating. With their help they are working on the necessary group of muscles.
Benefits and contraindications
What are the useful exercises for the front delta?
- They help to form strong shoulders, which visually makes the figure chiseled and athletic.
- Training is useful both for the shoulder girdle, so for the hands. In the process, the muscles of the forearm and triceps are also involved.
- Developed shoulders – this is an advantage during the press from any position and traction loads.
- Deltoid muscles significantly affect athletic performance.
- They strengthen the upper part of the trunk, also participate in functional movements.
Contraindications for exercises in the front deltas are:
- Injuries of the shoulder girdle. When the training begins, which exercises to include and which work weight to choose, the attending physician decides.
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases of the spine, which is accompanied by pain syndrome. The back and shoulders are inextricably linked. Therefore, loading the shoulder girdle, you can not avoid the burden on the back. And this is fraught with, at least, increased pain.
- Acute period of any respiratory diseases.
Technique of execution
Performing exercises on the front delta, you should observe the following general rules and techniques:
- To reduce the burden on the back, it is recommended to perform sitting.
- To maximize the load was on the shoulders, namely the front deltas, you can not swing the body and perform movements by inertia.
- All exercises are performed as slowly as possible, concentrating on technique and sensations, without jerks. Still, the probability of a shoulder injury by negligence is very high.
- Training on the front deltas always begin with warm-up of joints and repetitions of exercise with low weight.
Basic exercises on the front deltas are responsible for the growth of strength and muscle mass. As a rule, they assume work with weights. Another distinguishing feature is that they involve not only the front deltas, but also all the beams to some extent.
The best exercises for the front deltas from the basic category:
- rod rod to chin;
- barbell overhead;
- press the barbell from behind the head.
Effective exercises for the front deltas are listed in the table with a detailed description and technique of implementation.
|An exercise||Muscle group||Description||Technique of execution|
|Thrust rod to chin||The front deltas, triceps and biceps (to a lesser extent)||Exercise is performed both with the neck and with dumbbells. During the execution, it is necessary to monitor the natural position of the wrists in order to remove excess load from them. The purpose of training – raising the shoulders parallel to the floor or slightly higher, in touching the bar with a chin is not necessary.||– The bar grabs several shoulders already.
– The hands are slightly bent at the elbows.
– The bar is lifted up by the muscles of the shoulder girdle. It is important during the ascent to try to exclude from the working process the triceps and biceps.
|Bench barbell above the head||Lateral, front beams of deltas||The barbell bar from the breast concentrates the load on the front beams of the deltas. During the exercise, the trunk position should be strictly perpendicular to the floor. A hand with a bar – in the same plane as the body. Proper performance of the bar press (with the chest) involves a small withdrawal of the elbow forward.|| – Exercise is performed sitting, the bar is on the chest.
– The starting position assumes the blades combined together and the chest extended forward.
– Press the bar before straightening the arms is done with a simultaneous slight tilt of the head forward.
– The bar is lowered to the starting position and the press is repeated.
|Press bar from behind the head||Lateral and front deltas||Exercise helps build muscle mass, involves front and side deltas. Correct execution assumes a fixed position of the body without deflection in the back.||– The starting position is sitting, the bar on the shoulders.
– Blades are reduced.
– Hvat is slightly wider than the shoulders.
– The bar is squeezed over the head until the hands are fully straightened.
– Then the bar is lowered to the base of the neck and the exercise is repeated.
Load the front deltas allow exercises with dumbbells, bench press. The distribution of the load on the muscles of the shoulder girdle depends on the working weight, the method of gripping and the technique of execution. Including in basic exercises and isolating exercises, to achieve the result is much easier.
What is special about isolation exercises?
- They accentuate the load by loading a certain muscle bundle.
- Form the relief of the muscle.
- They enter the complex training on the shoulder girdle, are performed after the base.
The main exercises of this group are:
Dumbbell cultivation in the sides
It is performed standing. Hands in elbows are bent, but insignificantly. The dumbbells are raised through the sides until the shoulders become parallel to the floor.
An important point – the elbows should look up, the brush should be rotated so that at the extreme point of motion the thumb is below the little finger.
To raise and lower hands with dumbbells should be slow. Paying attention to the hands. They should remain bent at the elbows.
Press of dumbbells
Exercise is similar to bench press. The key point is the fixed position of the body, for the whole time of exercises with dumbbells.
Frontal lifts of dumbbells
Rises perform standing. Dumbbells have palms to themselves. During the raising of hands with dumbbells, the elbows are slightly bent. The extreme upper arm raising point is parallel to the floor. The technique of performing the exercise assumes smooth movements without jerks and torso participation, which allows you to focus the load on the front deltas.
Include exercises on the fore delta of the shoulder in the training should not be more than once or twice a week. Compliance with technology is the key to a successful and effective training. To the process of increasing the mass and creating an athletic figure does not stretch for a year, you should avoid common mistakes. Consider what beliefs interfere with effective training and mislead novice athletes. It is necessary to avoid mistakes and achieve visible progress of the muscles of the shoulder girdle.
- Mistake # 1. To think that all the presses overhead do not have any differences. If you carefully studied the technique of exercises for the front beams of deltas, we noticed that the load of elbows and hands changes. The whole shoulder girdle is included in the work.
- Mistake # 2. Back deflection about bench press time. To overcome weight, athletes often ignore the correct position of the hull when lifting dumbbells or barbells. This can lead to spinal injury and herniation of the disc.
- Mistake # 3. The relaxed position of the arms and elbows during the raising of hands and their breeding. Such a violation of the technique of execution leads to a displacement of the load from the front beams of the deltas to the triceps.
- Mistake # 4. Breakdown of split structure. Exercises of the chest, shoulders and triceps are practically inseparable. Do not share them on different days. Do not make them one after another (for example, breast on Monday, deltas on Tuesday, triceps on Wednesday). If you decide to share the load, let’s rest (2-3 days), so as not to overload the deltas.
- Mistake # 5. Violation of the range of motion. Often, athletes ignore the gradual increase in working weight and perform effective exercises on the front beams of deltas with too much burden. This advance does not allow you to follow the technique of execution, changes the range of movements. All this leads to a load on the muscles.
Having considered basic and isolated exercises on the front delta, let us summarize the following result. Achieve athletic musculature and the relief line of the shoulders is impossible with the help of one particular exercise. Only competently composed training complex will achieve the goal in combination with proper nutrition and sufficient rest.